Many of you will be aware the Councils must prepare plans that outline how they expect to meet the communites aspirations, deliver on their responsibilties and utilise the rates that are paid by all of us.
The Te Arawa Lakes Trust will be making a submission to the long term plans for both Regional and District Council. We are seeking your thoughts on what the Te Arawa Lakes Trust might look to include in a long term plan submission.
Some of the things we are already thinking about are;
- Establishing an Iwi Engagement Forum on Lakes to ensure the voice of hapū and iwi in respect of the lakes is heard across a range of issues.
- Support to the Te Arawa Climate Change Working Group to undertake risk management support for marae and other important iwi infrastrucure around our lakes
- Direct investment in the Te Arawa Lakes Trust to deliver projects to support restoration of the Lakes and implement Te Tūāpapa
- Investment in the Big Spring Clean and giving whānau multiple opportunities to get rid of rubbish through the year
- Investment in the development of tools that support hapū to measure the mauri of the lakes themselves
- Support the provision of ongoing funding for the Iwi Management Plans and provide funding for projects that deliver on enhancing or increasing mauri through the Environmental Enhancement Fund.
Send your thoughts to email@example.com and check out https://www.boprc.govt.nz/plans-policies-and-resources/plans/long-term-plan/